Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year and Resolutions



Happy New Year!

Lol, this is really disconcerting! A decade has already passed and so many events happened in that small span of 10 years, worldwide (from 9/11 to the turning point of American history with the first African-American president elected) and my life (graduating elementary school and middle school). I hope everyone had a great start with their new year with their family. I ended up staying up last night till 12 AM like those millions of people at NYC and watching the ball drop. I hope everyone had a great first day of the new decade and best of luck to the new year and new decade!

Enough with my nostalgia, lol. So it's been about a week already for my blog but already I have 40 followers! Thank you so much! Without all your comments and encourangment, this wouldn't have felt like a good luck sign for this new year and decade. Here are some resolutions for my blog and my personal life to help keep me on the right track.

Blog: 
  • Reviews: I plan on doing 2-3 reviews per week, but unfortunately this all depends on school. Now that exams are coming up and winter break is sadly ending, I might be gone for long periods of time. Also, I've posted up 3 reviews so far and one more is coming right away, but I hope these  reviews are helpful. If you have any complaints or would just want to rant about how terrible I write, please feel free to do so :) I know I'm a beginner blogger so this all new to me. 
  • Memes: I am planning to do In My Mailbox, Waiting on Wednesdays, and Matching Actors to Characters. However, if I find more interesting memes or if you have any suggestions, I might add on to it as the year progresses.
  • Author Interviews? : I don't know when people start asking the high-and-mighty authors for interviews, so please let me know! I would love to interview authors, but I'm terrified they'll think I'm egoistic for asking to do interviews for a small blog. 
  • Challenges: Either later today or tomorrow, I will be posting my 2010 Debut Authors List up soon! Also, if there are other great challenges out there, please let me know.
  • Other: I am right now working in to add in a blog roll and the peek-a-boo comments. So if you have experience with these HTML troubles, please let me know! :) Also, if you have any comments or any suggestions, write a comment or feel free to shoot me an email! 
Personal Life
  • School: Argh, the dread of exams when I go back to school in January. I hope the new decade and new year means that I'll be able to start with a clean slate and work my way to the top!
  • Exercise: School really does rule all. I haven't gone skating in months, so I've been gaining weight as I lead a sedentary life. At least for the summer I should take up skating again.
  • Prepare: This is really scary. Only 2 more years till college. Yes, yes, only 2 more years until I gain ultimate freedom! But to gain my ultimate freedom, it came into revelation, I've got SATs and college apps somewhere getting closer...and closer, lol. 
So, if you have any comments or suggestions for my blog or would like to tell us your new year's resolutions, please email me or comment! Thank you so much for following and here's to a new year for my blog! 

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! May this year be the best of the best. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails