Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Waiting on Wednesdays (7)

Waiting On Wednesdays is a weekly meme, hosted at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights highly anticipated releases.

Title: Paranormalcy
Author: Kiersten White
Publishing Date: October 1, 2010
Synopsis: 


Sixteen-year-old Evie's job is bagging and tagging paranormals. Possessing the strange ability to see through their glamours, she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency. But when someone--or something--starts taking out the vamps, werewolves, and other odd beasties she's worked hard to help become productive members of society, she's got to figure it out before they all disappear and the world becomes utterly normal.

Normal is so overrated. 


Character Introduction (from Kiersten White's site)

My name's Evie. I work for the IPCA. Yeah, the International Paranormal Containment Agency. But don't worry, I'm not a vamp or werewolf or faerie or anything. And I don't kill them, either. Just bag and tag. After all, we're not out to eliminate them--just to neuter them. Sorry, IPCA joke. We don't actually neuter them, because, well, yuck. We just help them live harmlessly among humans. Sometimes they don't want the help, but we give it to them anyway.  Think of us as the UN, if the UN carried tasers and silver knives.

So you're probably wondering why a sixteen-year-old girl is the prize possession of IPCA. I'm sure you know all about glamours--most paranormals have them, meaning normal people (okay, everyone else in the world except me) can't see what they really are. But there's no fooling me; I can see through to what they are underneath.  Trust me: all of this nonsense about vampires being sexy?  NOT. TRUE.

So that's my life. Or, it was, until paranormals started dying and something unlike anything we'd seen before broke into the Center and changed everything... 

My Thoughts: 

The cover is absolutely stunning and dark. The storm clouds and the beautiful model in the wide field just creates this really dark aura, that I am sure will fit the novel. Also, the premise seems really unique, girl taking care of werewolves and vampires. I've heard there's a lot of romance in it, so can't wait to read this!

1 comment:

Comments are appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails